Your stakes / issues
When implementing new functionalities or updating your system, how do you create, maintain and run your SAP test scripts while respecting your deadlines?
Our test approach includes 3 phases:
- define: objectives, overall strategy and choice of tools
- develop: test preparation and automation
- roll-out: implement the test environments, run and manage anomalies, assess the qualification
OUR AREAS OF ACTIVITY
During the test phase, CODiLOG works in different areas:
Test scoping :
- Application: take into account the impacts of the upgrade or correction on the other modules and applications
- Identify the necessary data sets to perform the tests, especially for business acceptances
- Estimate the test loads: based on the complexity of the subjects to accept, a weighting will be defined for this level of complexity
Identify the test strategy: should the tests be automated or can they be performed manually?
Test environment implementation and maintenance.
To ensure that the state of the different environments can run all types of tests
- Feasibility study
- Automation preparation
- Script development / sequences
Documentation (that the test strategy defines as either manual or automated)
The scenarios should be drawn up (per module and/or application) and capitalized so they are consolidated when upgrades and corrections are implemented.
This capitalization of information is also necessary to monitor the information system’s functional upgrade or to write Go-Live feedback.
CODiLOG has developed expertise with SAP Solution Manager and its Integration with HP tools
SAP Solution Manager is a collaborative platform offering the necessary functionalities to implement ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) processes while ensuring the methodologies are used efficiently and optimally.
Consequently, in order to support projects and solutions throughout their lifecycle, SAP offers ITIL certified ALM processes, including:
- Change Impact Analysis: analyze impacts and identify non-regression risks (BPCA tool, which compares the OTs of a version with the current configuration)
- Test Management: manage tests
The Test Management process harnesses the following tools:
HP QC (Quality Center) : set of interconnected tools to manage the lifecycle of your integration, non-regression and performance tests (test requirements / test cases, organization of test series, management of testers, analysis of results, reporting of anomalies, etc.)
BPT (Business Process Test): HP Center Quality module that eliminates the need to develop automated test cases in a fragmented fashion but rather as a suite of reusable components
QTP (Quick Test Pro): HP Center Quality tool that runs components
- SAP TAO (Test Acceleration and Optimization): SAP extension that can provide test components (via a standard library) and generate them automatically (via a SAP transaction recorder)
Below are illustrations of SAP Solution Manager’s integration with the HP partner tools to manage the planning and running: